Sunday, July 22, 2012

Bookish Things

If you see a bit of fiddling on this blog in the coming few weeks, don't be surprised. It felt like things had become a bit muddled around here, so I decided it would be best to focus this blog a bit more specifically - on book reviews - and move my genealogy to a more focused blog, where my ancestors get the attention they deserve. That blog is in the construction phase, but there's now enough there that I feel I can invite you over: Brick Wall Climber.

In the meantime, I am reading (as usual), and looking forward to bringing you more reviews in the near future. I'm currently working on Michele Gorman's Misfortune Cookie.

In the meantime, I've found some fun bookish things to share with you. I've gone almost completely digital with my reading, but I still find good old-fashioned books to be beautiful, and I love having them around the house - though I don't really miss the heaps and piles that amassed in my house before.

This awesome Book Page Paper Wreath is one you can make yourself (unless like me you're afraid of glue guns). There's a tutorial over on The Shabby Creek Cottage.


These coasters made from upcycled children's books are just so neat. There's a tutorial here, and it basically involved old coasters, old books, and modge podge (which I can handle):


Then finally, if you are still a user of non-digital books, you might still be in need of bookmarks. These  are awfully cool:


I can't imagine they'd be that hard to make, but since I've got a couple of blogs I'm working on, I'll probably be buying my own on etsy.

Thanks for bearing with me during the transition! Hope to see you back again when things get rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...