Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Rulin's


Woody Guthrie's New Year's Resolutions, 1942

I've never been big on New Year's Resolutions. Like most people, I don't keep them, and New Year's Eve seems like a kind of arbitrary dividing line between old and new behavior: like I'm going to stop drinking and eating at the stroke of midnight. As if.

But a friend of mine posted the image above on Facebook this morning, and I thought, well, now that's a pretty good list and not a bad idea, really. I already do a lot of those things, of course ("wash teeth if any"), but other items don't really apply ("send Mary and kids money.")

So herewith, my own list of New Year's Rulin's.

  1. Work more and better
  2. Read more
  3. Blog more
  4. Save dough
  5. Have good company
  6. Get out on the highway
  7. Take pictures
  8. Wear clean clothes
  9. Find more ancestors
  10. Hug lots
  11. Cook better
  12. Relax more
  13. Don't get lonesome
  14. Vote
  15. Learn people better
  16. Learn God better
  17. Stop and let my dog sniff the roses
  18. Play offense
  19. Win the War
  20. Doodle

I think that covers it. Happy New Year to one and all.

4 comments:

  1. Love your list, Jess! You forgot Enjoy a few B movies, though. Wishing you an awesome 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, Jessica! Happy New Year. I hope it becomes a fabulous one for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...