I've been looking at that pile for a year and wishing it would all magically appear on my iPad. The books, in turn, have been glaring at me for a year and reminding me that they're probably really good books that I'm just passing by in my digital laziness.
So when I found out that bookalicio.us was hosting the reading challenge to Read Your Own Books in September, well - count me in. I just can't handle the guilt anymore. I need to get through at least part of the pile!
I’m very excited to participate and agree to read only my own books in the month of September.
The list of titles I hope to read includes:
- Kraken - China Mieville
- Curse of the Wendigo - Rick Yancey (Book 2 of the Monstrumologist Series)
- The Voluptuous Delights of Peanut Butter & Jam - Lauren Liebenberg
- Play Dead - David Rosenfelt
- The Big Over Easy - Jasper Fforde
And there are a couple of digital books I've bought and not gotten very far with:
- Swamplandia - Karen Russell
- Zombies vs Unicorns - Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier
I don't know if I'll get through them all but I'm going to give it my best shot.
For more information on the Read Your Own Books Challenge: