Sunday, August 1, 2010

Blueberry Coconut Muffins: And Cynical Girl Shall Have Her Revenge

I have been trying to find a way to extract revenge from my dream house - you know, the one that foolishly allowed itself to be bought by someone else.* My good friend Col over at ColReads posted a recipe the other day and I remembered that the best revenge is living well, something I'm actually quite good at.

So this post is for you, stupid dream house. I don't need your granite countertops and double ovens to make yumsumful muffins ... let's see your cash buyers make anything half as good in your swanky kitchen as I've made in my undersized, white-tiled, about-to-be-outdated kitchen.

For the record, no kitchen is really worth fretting over unless it's self-cleaning.

Blueberry Coconut Muffins

1-1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1tsp baking soda

Mix dry ingredients and set aside.

1 stick butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk (I used two percent)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
1 cup blueberries (frozen work fine)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with paper cups. Beat together melted butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then milk and vanilla. Slowly beat in flour mixture until blended. Fold in coconut and blueberries. Spoon batter into paper cups and bake until tester comes out clean - about 20-25 minutes.

Enjoy any time, in any kitchen.

3 comments:

  1. those muffins sound awesome. i'm sorry about your dream house but you can drown your sorrows (bury them?) in those muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum -- I'm making these as soon as I get home from Denver, assuming it's not too hot to turn on the oven in my own very-much-needs-remodeling kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum Yum Yum!

    I’ve given you an award. You can collect it here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...